PRODUCT SHOWCASE: CRC press publishes ‘Gear Cutting Tools: Science and Engineering’
February 16, 2018
Dr. Stephen P. Radzevich is a professor of mechanical engineering and manufacturing engineering, and has extensive industrial experience. He has spent more than 40 years developing software, hardware, and other processes for gear design and optimization. He has authored numerous books and scientific papers on gear technologies, and holds patents for inventions in the field.
Gear Cutting Tools: Science and Engineering is published by CRC press.
Among the book’s features:
- Presents a powerful scientific method for designing of optimal gear cutting tools.
- Outlines an analytical method that can be incorporated into modern CAD/CAM systems.
- Explains methods for computing accuracy of the machined gears and optimal cutting-edge geometries.
- Includes the newest designs of gear cutting tools, detailing optimal design parameters.
- Develops methods for generating working surfaces of gear cutting tools.
The second edition of Radzevich’s Gear Cutting Tools: Fundamentals of Design and Computation presents the DG/K-based method of surface generation, a practical mathematical method for designing gear cutting tools with optimal parameters. The text addresses gear cutting tool evolution, and proceeds to scientific classification for all types of gear machining meshes before discussing optimal cutting tool designs. Designs currently used and those being planned are covered, and the approach allows for development of scientific predictions and optimal designs. Solutions appear in analytical form and/or graphical form, with a wealth of new figures added, and new appendices offer additional data for readers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.crcpress.com